Switching Styles has collected a list of Pokémon Go Statistics & Techno Remixes to show off whenever it comes in handy.
Niantic launched Pokémon go in the July of 2016. Since then, its popularity has grown exponentially. After only three months following the launch, the app had 500 million downloads. This increased to 1 billion in march of 2019!
We’ve found some numbers that are sure to blow your mind!!
- The US accounted for only 19% of Pokémon GO downloads over 2019 (10 million, up from 16% in 2018). (Sensor Tower)
- Brazil accounted for 10% (5 million) of the downloads, while India accounted for 6% (3 million). That’s a lot of downloads! (Sensor Tower)
- Most of the users (69%), a whopping 38 million in 2019, use the app on Android, and the remaining 31% (17 million) iOS (Sensor Tower)
- US was the top country for Pokémon GO revenue in 2019, contributing $335 million – or 38% of the total. Japan was second, with $286 million (32%), followed by Germany, with $54 million (6%) (Sensor Tower)
- Although downloads have grown exponentially doubling from 500 million to 1 billion in less than 3 years, the in-app spending has not increased that much. It started at 832,000,000 in 2016 and increased only to 894,000,000 in 2019 (Business of Apps)
- Between android and apple, the in-game spending is a bit more even. Android has 54% of 2019 Pokémon GO revenue ($482 million), while the apple revenue coming to $412 million (46%) (Sensor Tower)
- Pokémon GO was fifth in terms of global mobile game revenue over 2019 (Sensor Tower)
- Over the year 2019, there were 2.7 million attendees of Niantic live events (Niantic)
- Here’s one for gender, as 59% of Pokémon GO users are men and 41% are female (Inc.)
- In the first month of release in 2016, nearly 300 UK crimes were connected with Pokémon GO (BBC)
- A study from Purdue University found that the game could be dangerous as there are two deaths, 31 injuries, and $500,000 in vehicle damage that could be blamed on the game in a single county in Indiana (Purdue University)
Where did I find these Pokémon go statistics? Check the links for my references!
Check out these Pokémon go remixes while you share these fun facts with your friends.
“Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire Music Medley“ by Dr. Pez – VGM. Check it out.
“Pokémon Dubstep Remix“ By Lindsey Stirling And Kurt Hugo Schneider. Check It Out On Youtube.
“Gym Leader Battle Music“ by The Musical Ghost. Check it out on Spotify.
“Pokémon Theme Song“ by FallenSuperheroSG. Check it out on SoundCloud.
“The Medley of Pokémon“ By Hapinano. Check It Out On SoundCloud.
“Route 24 “ by xKito Music. Check it out on SoundCloud.
“Pikachu Use Thunderbolt! “ By Asher Postman. Check It Out On SoundCloud.
“Pokémon – XY Theme “ by NateWantsToBattle feat. RichaadEB. Check it out on iTunes.
“Pokémon Lo-fi Music“ by GlitchxCity. Check it out on Soundcloud.
“Pokémon Dppt: Sinnoh Trainer Battle Medley” By Sinnoh Fusion Ensemble. Check It Out On Spotify.